Thanks to Ed Reilly, Dennis Inverso and Robin Montgomery for providing the History of Wedgewood.
1957 October –
- First recorded meeting to organize the Club
1958 April –
- Contract made with Sapphire Pools to build a 25 yd. “L” shaped pool, a baby pool, office and breezeway for $29,789.00
1958 May –
- Property deed signed – land purchased from Cecil C. Goodwin
1958 June –
- Membership – 66 families.
1958 July –
- Bath house constructed by the members
- One beer can from the wall still remains
1958 August 10 –
- Pool officially opened
- First fence was made of turkey wire
1958 September –
- First annual meeting held at Westtown Thornbury School
- Balance sheet dated September 25, noted a deficit of $122
1959 March –
- Balance sheet = $2,918.49
- Guest fees set at $1 for adults and $.50 for children
1959 April –
- Application for swimming pool operation approved with permit #2132
1960 April –
- Driveway and parking circle completed for $1,513.00
- Storage garage constructed by W. Earl Thomas for $2,522.00
1960 August –
- Swim team had 51 members and a season record of 1 win and 5 losses
- Agnes Chesco spent the outlandish sum of $23.30 on the swim team party
1963 April –
- Douglas R. Bickley resigns from the Club. He held bond # 1
- Pavilion constructed with membership funds
1983 July –
1987 April –
- Lower pool constructed by Vincent Pools with grading by Bill Hickman for $125,000.00
1996 June –
- New baby pool installed by Carlton Pools
- New bathhouse constructed under the direction of project coordinators Steve Schultheis and Dennis Inverso.
- Removed concrete four-square in front of Maintenance garage to new concrete location outside of picnic area.
- Fence at top of hill between upper pool and lower pool removed.
- Addition of new steps to lower pool.
- Added reversible benches on crest of hill to lower pool and added 12 umbrellas to upper and lower pools.
- These projects were constructed under the direction of project coordinators Steve Schultheis and Dennis Inverso.
- New deck and ramp to lower pool was constructed under the direction of project coordinators Steve Schultheis and Dennis Inverso.
- Purchased 3 new composite picnic tables with umbrellas for deck.
- Discontinued use of sign-in book and instituted membership cards with member’s pictures
- Original (vintage 1958) steel upper pool totally removed and reconstructed with plaster.
- Pump house equipment replaced.
- Concrete around pool replaced along with perimeter drains.
- 2200 square feet of sod installed.
- New fence around pool installed under the direction of Steve Schultheis and Dennis Inverso.
- Fence removed between picnic area and baby pool.
- Removed cinder-block from center of pavilion by members and pool staff
- Installed new electrical poles, electrical substation, and manholes for easy access to buried cables. For safety reasons, relocated rusty electrical panel and motor starters from upper pump house to new substation.
- Installed a new chair rack by Dennis Inverso.
- Moved the miniature golf and added another hole for the kids by Bob Marks.
- Added a fence to the front gate.
- Installed a new computer system for member check-in by Dennis Inverso.
- Moved all the grills to the perimeter of the picnic area for additional child safety.
- Purchased a new volleyball net, which can be installed within minutes
between the poles on the basketball court.
- Added wall ball structure on blacktop.
- Installed a new chair rack
- Moved the miniature golf and added another hole for the kids
- Added a fence to the front gate
- Installed a new computer system for member check-in
- Several trees were trimmed in the picnic area and the parking lot.
- The Bathhouse was completely repainted and the floors were power washed to remove the loose epoxy.
- Other projects included adding an amplifier and speakers for our intercom system by Dennis Inverso, and some extra landscaping in several areas.
- The baby pool and gutters on the upper pool received a fresh coat of paint before opening day. The storage area for chairs was improved, adding another rack and moving existing racks to allow more room.
- In addition, a new Terrace/Pavers step was installed to replace the old wood steps in front of the pavilion under the direction of Rich Horan who also installed the concrete shuffleboard. These projects were completed by members to save the Club labor costs.
- Several projects were completed. The biggest project included refurbishing the floors in the restrooms and breezeway with a nonslip concrete surface.
- Also, completed was the installation of a larger window for an improved view of the upper pools by Steve Amway, and implementing a recycling program.
- All blue doors repainted by members during the spring workday.
- New security cameras installed.
- All electrical outlets and circuits rewired.
- Check-in software updated.
- Starting blocks replaced.
- Pool drains replaced due to swimming pool code.
- Outside lights added to front of Club.
- Introduced credit card payment plan.
- Repairs to lower pool.
- New basketball pads.
- New umbrellas lower pool.
- New roof on pavilion.
- New Wedgewood entrance sign designed and installed.
- TV with lockable cabinet installed in pavilion.
- Ice machine installed.
- By-laws updated.
- New parking circle driveway installed.
- New safety and miscellaneous signs displayed in upper and lower pool areas.
- Replaced mini golf with Corn Hole by Adam Scozzafava.
- New upper pool pump installed due to failure of existing upper pool pump.
- Baby pool painted.
- Painted pavilion, bath house, manager’s office and front gate office.
- Picnic tables repaired and painted.
- New hand dryers installed in bathhouse restrooms.
- New swing set with post and rail fence installed in new location and dedicated to Agnes Chesko, an original member of the Club and long time board member.
- Baby changing table installed in bathhouse restrooms.
- Pressure washed and re-stained deck.
- Dennis Inverso started new lawn service using natural resources to combat clover, ants and weeds.
- Diving area spruce tree revitalization program started by Dennis Inverso.
- Lower pool stairs installed from ramp to new chair rack under the direction of Adam Scozzafava.
- Purchased AED unit.
- Re-decked ramp to lower pool under direction of Chris Gedney and Adam Scozzafava.
- Replaced benches on pavilion deck under direction of Chris Gedney and Adam Scozzafava.
- New TV box, new water fountain installed by Evan Seaman.